The DSP33 Digital Active Loudspeaker is a remarkable combination of unique Meridian technologies in a compact package. The result is a loudspeaker which is elegant, articulate and versatile – high technology and high fidelity. The DSP33 is deceptively small. Its bass extension is startling for its size and
fully controlled. It projects a dramatic sound stage – detailed yet smooth, grand yet intimate.
The DSP33 is packed with the very latest in audio technology for the new generation of high resolution sources.
The DSP33’s two digital inputs can accept up to 96kHz/24bit sources, including Meridian High Resolution
(MHR) streams from Meridian Processors and DVD players.
The unique Meridian DSP processing is performed on a brand new 100
MIPS Motorola DSP, the 56364.
Like the other members of the Meridian DSP Speaker family, the DSP33 Signal Processing includes
- FIFO memory buffer input for the lowest possible jitter from almost any source
- Linear-phase crossover for precision drive unit integration not possible with analogue techniques
- Tweeter delay for perfect driver alignment
- 48-bit resolution volume control
- Minimal frequency equalisation to give a frequency response free from drive unit or electroni colouration
- Transparent tone controls
- Absolute phase control and phase-corrected balance control
The extraordinary big box sound of the DSP33 is achieved using exciting new signal processing developments. Meridian’s active bass extension deepens the response without excessive woofer excursion. At moderate volumes, a psychoacoustially correct extension filter extends the bass still further. At high volumes DSP bass protection helps prevent the woofers from bottoming. Only the very lowest frequencies are reduced.